Are you looking for an exciting opportunity where you can come into an organization, make a difference and learn every aspect of the organization? Look no further, Mediterranean Shipping Company is the place for you!
Come join us!
Founded in 1970, Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC), S.A of Geneva, Switzerland, is one of the world’s leading container shipping lines. Offering a worldwide network of 480 offices in 150 countries, employing a team of 60,000 dedicated individuals, MSC prides itself on delivering a global service with great local knowledge. We have an established fleet of 480 container vessels with an intake capacity of circa 2.6 million TEUs. The shipping line sails on 200 trade routes, calling at 315 ports and has established landside services, delivering a door-to-door intermodal service, almost anywhere in the world. With a streamlined management structure in Geneva, MSC has become a leading customer focused and cost effective global transportation solution for many shippers. Providing an unparalleled service network via dedicated own offices throughout the world, MSC remains a truly independent and private Company that is able to respond quickly to market changes.
Mediterranean Shipping Company is searching for the right candidate to join our biggest office in the USA. The successful candidate will work within the company to ensure all aspects of the import and export process are handled efficiently, accurately and effectively within the time frames. In this fast-paced and exciting role, you will be working closely with customers, colleagues and third parties.
- Enter and monitor shipment information through use of MSC proprietary IT system
- Liaise with shippers, consignees, government agencies and overseas offices as necessary
- Assume documentary and customer service responsibility for all assigned shipments
- Maintain efficient ocean shipments documentation and correspondence
- Establish and maintain positive relationship with customers
- Efficiently routing all files and shipments
- Provide timely and accurate response to customer inquiries regarding transportation milestones and shipment details
- Observe corporate guidelines when addressing customer inquiries regarding shipments
- Escalate unique or complex customer issues to the appropriate supervisor for resolution when necessary
- Generate potential solutions to customer issues
- Provide feedback regarding current corporate practices and metrics to order to support process efficiencies
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Key Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (a must)
- Authorization to work in the U.S. (a must)
- Experience working in an international environment, a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, good judgment, discretion, and problem solving abilities.
- Team player with professional attitude
- Resilient and proactive attitude with passion to succeed and learn
- Dynamic and goal oriented ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to successfully develop and maintain positive client and vendor relations
What we offer:
- Entry level salary with excellent growth opportunity
- Excellent Healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life insurance
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending account
- Corporate partnership – Discount programs
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Gym membership at discounted rates
Mediterranean Shipping Company (USA) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Mr. Luca Ventriglia at email@example.com