The Italy-America Chamber of Commerce Southeast (IACCSE) is pleased to announce that from January 2018 it will be able to offer its assistance – thanks to the collaboration with a technical partner – to local companies that want to sponsor recent graduates and professionals with the J-1 Visa Program, a cultural exchange visa issued by the U.S. Department of State.
The J1 Visa Program provides opportunities to young graduates and professionals to gain experience and demonstrate special skills while working or training for U.S. Companies, and it offers a better understanding of U.S. culture, institutions and perspective on a variety of issues.
In order to qualify for the program, a prospective intern must be:
- an Italian national who is currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution OR has received the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months from the start date of their internship
- at least 18 years of age
- in possession of an internship offer from a qualified host company in one of the following fields: Management; Business, Commerce and Finance, Public Administration, and Law.
In order to qualify for the program, a prospective trainee must be:
- in possession of the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree and have accumulated at least one (1) year of employment experience in the proposed field of training.
- at least 18 years of age.
- in possession of a training offer from a qualified host company in one of the following fields: Management; Business, Commerce and Finance; Public Administration and Law
- have accumulated five (5) years of employment experience in the proposed field of training.
The host company providing training must already be or become a member of the IACC.
For information and applications, please send an email to email@example.com with the company’s details and the candidate’s resume. The IACC with its technical partner will participant applications to ensure that they meet the criteria established by the State Department for this type of visa.
Please note that the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce J-1 Program is addressed to companies only. Applications from single individuals will not be taken into account.