Company: Prime Line Distributors
My client, a well-known international specialty products distributor is hiring for a Purchasing Agent/Buyer in Fort Lauderdale. The Purchasing Agent/Buyer will have full responsibility to purchase 2000+ food product items both domestically and internationally and act as the primary point of contact for related purchasing, inventory, and warehousing needs.
- Purchase all specialty food items at the lowest cost possible and best value
- Maintain and manage all warehouse inventory levels; regularly spot-check product for quality in warehouse.
- Act as a liaison between the sales and warehousing teams as needed
- Maintain, build and strengthen relationships within all domestic and international vendors
- Maintain current knowledge of market conditions to optimize market swings and fluctuations
- Employee must be fluent in English and Spanish
- Italian speaker is a plus.
- 5-10 years of prior purchasing experience
- Experience within the food or beverage industry
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and act in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Prime Line Distributors was founded in 1981 in South Florida by Mr. Gianni Landi, an immigrant from Italy with more than 50 years of experience in the specialty food industry. Mr. Landi brought with him the food culture and traditions of the old world. His philosophy is that cooking is an art, and appreciating the quality and distinction of fine true foods is an essential tool.
Since the very beginning, Prime Line has always been and still is a pioneer of imported specialty foods in Florida. Prime Line was the first to introduce unique products to this market such as imported & artisanal cheeses, cured meats & charcuterie, extra virgin olive oils, aged vinegars, imported pastas, truffles, wild mushrooms, San Marzano tomatoes, imported rice and grains, Italian espresso, and many more other specialty products. In addition to these great products, we also represent many artisanal American products that have become the staples of the new American cuisine.
We source our products by traveling to distinct regions throughout Italy, France, Spain, America, and other countries in order to satisfy our discriminating clientele. Each product is carefully selected and scrutinized before it becomes part of our product line. We strive to keep a close partnership with our vendors who share the same passion and dedication for quality foods.
We deliver daily throughout the state of Florida with our own fleet of refrigerated trucks. We also ship across the country and export to the Caribbean and Latin America. We currently feature more than 2,000 products with an extensive list of products imported exclusively by us.
Today, Prime Line is still family owned and operated by the second generation, Dennis Landi. Our mission is to maintain a close relationship with our customers in order to provide them with the finest, freshest products and ingredients available. We serve only the finest restaurants, award-winning chefs, five star hotels, gourmet markets, cafes, and luxury cruise lines.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to Ana Royster: email@example.com